MEDEL, (“MEDEL”, “we”, “us”, “our”), respects your privacy and your personal data. MEDEL therefore complies with the applicable provisions on the protection, processing and confidentiality of personal data as well as data security, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
We are pleased that you are visiting our website and that you are interested in our organization. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We would like you to be comfortable and feel secure as you visit our Internet sites. We handle personal data in accordance with the data privacy regulations.
MEDEL websites may contain links to the websites of other providers that this data privacy declaration does not cover. The purpose and scope of the data collection as well as the further processing and use of your data fall to the respective operators. Please obtain the full details from their data protection information.
In the following, you are informed which personal data we may gather and for which purpose it may be processed during your visit and use of our website www.medelnet.eu (“Website”).
2. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify a natural or legal person (eg name, e-mail address or IP address).
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA DURING INFORMATIONAL USE
During the purely informational use of the website we collect no data, with the exception of data that your browser communicates to enable your visit to the website. The data are:
Date and time of the request
Time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Content of the request (specific page)
Access status/HTTP status code
Data quantity transferred in each case
Website from which the request comes
Operating system and its interface
Language and version of the browser software
Further personal data is collected and used solely with your consent (eg for sending newsletters or event information) and in the extent required therefore. You may withdraw this consent declaration at any time with effect for the future (eg via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In the event that you contact MEDEL, including all the identified facilities and distributors, using e-mail or the contact form, we will store your e-mail address and, if submitted, your name and telephone number so we can answer your questions.
The log files collected are only used for statistical evaluations in an aggregated form for the purpose of operation, security and optimization of the Website (overriding legitimate interests).
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case of activation of the IP anonymization, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA. On behalf of the website provider, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage to the website provider.
(2) Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
(4) Furthermore, you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data generated by cookies and related to your use of the website (including cookies and IP address) as well as the processing of the data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymiseIp()”. The IP addresses are thus shortened before further processing, ruling out direct references to persons.
(6) Use of MailChimp
Any further use of your personal data will only take place with your consent.
Cookies are also stored on your computer during your use of the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive associated with the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the entity placing the cookies (us, in this case). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make an Internet presence more user-friendly and efficient overall.
6. DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will not share your personal data collected through your use of the Website with others, unless it is required for the fulfilment of our obligations or required to comply with mandatory laws/authority requests.
7. HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do our utmost to make your visit and use of our Website as safe as possible. MEDEL maintains up-to-date technical measures to ensure data security, especially to protect your personal data from risks during data transmission and from access to the information by third parties. Each of these measures is suitably updated to the current state of technology.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
According to Art 32 GDPR, you have the right to access, rectification, deletion, restriction of processing and data portability as well as a right to object.
At any time, you have the right to ask us for information about the data relating to you that are stored with us as well as the information’s origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom it has been forwarded and the purpose of the storage. Please address all requests for information, information-related inquiries or objections to data processing by e-mail to email@example.com.
Further, you can withdraw consent declarations at any time without stating a reason in order to hinder further processing of your personal data that has been collected and used based on a consent declaration.
9. DATA STORAGE
Your data will be deleted in accordance to positive law. If your personal data is no longer needed, it will be deleted in our systems and documentation or anonymised to prevent you from identification.
10. FINAL PROVISIONS
We will announce modifications on our Website in a timely manner. Therefore, you should access this policy regularly in order to inform yourself of the current version.