Conference : June 21, 2013 Berlin
Within the context of international social solidarity justice plays an important emancipatory role.
The conference will discuss this role. Individual civic, economic, social and cultural rights must be preserved and protected.
If need be, the judiciary system has to ensure that the citizens can enjoy these rights when globalisation and lowering standards endanger their implementation.
On the site of VER.DI (In German)
- Social responsability of Justice (Antonio Cluny) (FR)
- Welfare state and globalisation of the economic area (José Joao Abrantes) (EN)
- Basic income : Minimum standards and European welfare policy (Tiziana Orrù) (FR)
- The social rule of law versus the fondamentalism of the market : labour law in Greece (George Almpouras) (EN)
- Labour Market and social security reforms in Spain (Rafael A. López Parada|) (EN)
- Dismantling of welfare state in Portugal ((Viriato Reis) (FR)
- Dismantling social rights in Italy (Gualtiero Michelini) (EN)
- Interference with social rights and legal strategies against the backdrop of ILO and Council of Europe (Isabelle Schöman) (EN)
- European legal strategies against the neoliberal anti-crisis policy and for the implementation of social rights (Lukas Oberndorfer) (DE)
- The European Charter of Fundamental Rights as bulwark against cuts in social services? (Jens M. Schubert).(DE)